Since the Youth Employment Fund launched in September 2013, the Durham Region Unemployed Help Centre has placed more than 110 youth with employers.
In Ontario, Canada, up to $6800 is available to help employers offset the cost of hiring youth (under 30)!
- 4-6 Month Job Placement
- Potential Long-Term Employment
- Transferable On-the-Job Skills
- Employer Hiring Incentives
- $$$ to Remove any Barriers to Employment (e.g. transportation, work clothes, tools, equipment)
- Aged 15-29
- Out of work or working
- NOT attending FT School or Training
- Living in Ontario
Start Working and Get Your Career Underway!
Learn more during one of our Youth Employment Fund (YEF) Orientation Sessions. View our Event Calendar.
For more information about the Youth Employment Fund, click here.